Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
We're still watching all the news and listening to all the recommendations that are being issued by the federal government and CDC. After much conversation and consideration, we'll be operating under the following conditions:
1 - All in store events, tastings, and dining are suspended until it is safe for us to begin them again.
2 - We are limiting store hours; we will be open noon - 7 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
3 - You can call and place an order or visit our website and order online. Orders placed over the phone and online will be available for in store pickup, curbside pickup, or local delivery. A delivery fee of $10 will apply to all orders; this fee will go directly to supporting our employees during this crisis.
- For curbside pickup, call us at (757)564-4400 when you arrive. You can pick up from the front or back door; just let us know where you are and pop your trunk. We will be verifying ID as part of our ABC regulations.
- For delivery, we will arrange to deliver your order within 48 hours. In some cases, we'll be able to offer same day delivery, but this is not a guarantee. In order to keep our employees safe and healthy, we will be instituting the following delivery protocols:
- We will preform contactless delivery and ID verification.
- No Wine Seller employees will enter private residences or businesses.
- Delivery times will be prearranged to make sure someone 21+ will receive the order.
4 - Thank you for your patience as our business model changes. We're going to do the best we can to keep things afloat for as long as we're able.
The Wine Seller Team
Friday, March 13, 2020
We've been monitoring the news and local health department regarding COVID-19 for several days now, much like all of you. For now, we plan to continue with business as usual and will not be canceling any of our tastings or changing our business hours.
We have implemented more rigorous schedules for cleaning and disinfecting high use areas. Don't be surprised if you come in the shop and see Amber or Chyna walking around with a can of Lysol and a face that matches the determination of Rambo. We've got as much sanitizer in the shop as Publix would let us buy. We've got new hand washing instructions posted in both our restrooms (see below). And we've got plenty of supplies on hand so that you can stock up for at home drinking.
Like all of our other small business friends, we rely on our local community to stay in business. We are also here to support our local community in any way we can. That's what partnership is all about. We will continue to do what we can to make The Wine Seller a safe environment, including continuing to monitor the situation and making alterations to how we do business as we see fit. We encourage all of you to keep fighting the good fight, use all the common sense you can muster, and doing what you can to help your friends and neighbors.
Also, stay tuned Monday, March 16 for a special announcement from Amber about something we are really, really excited about!
The Wine Seller Team