Elderton Cabernet Sauvignon Barossa

$29.99
Availability: In stock
Delivery time: within 1 business day

The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are grown exclusively on the Elderton Vineyard situated on the banks of the North Para River in South Australia. The Barossa Valley has a Mediterranean climate, where the Baumé reaches 13.50 to 14.50. 75% of the grapes are sourced from Nuriootpa, and the remaining 25% come from Eden Valley. The 19–72 year old vineyards are planted in Alluvial soils over limestone, that become sandier towards the east.

2016 was an incredible year for Cabernet Sauvignon, creating grapes with great concentration. The warm and dry Autumn was ideal for allowing the Cabernet grapes to reach optimal maturity, allowing the softening of tannins. The grapes were Harvested in late March. The wine was aged for 22 months in predominantly second and third fill French hogsheads and puncheons.

The final wine is deep purple in color, with aromas of blackberry, cassis, and beetroot. It is a full-bodied wine with flavors of red berries, beetroot, and chocolate.

Drink now or cellar confidently for 10–15 years from vintage.

0 stars based on 0 reviews