Boxwood Estate Topiary
|Delivery time:||within 1 business day|
Boxwood Estate Topiary is made from 71% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot.
The Topiary is a dark garnet color. A delicate floral nose of violet and lilac lingers through to the palate, blooming into plush dark flavors of blueberry, blackberry and plum. A strong fruit character leads into woody tannin and subtle hints of graphite, challenging the norms of Merlot-based Bordeaux blends with its lively fruitiness and a lengthy and full-bodied finish.
Hand harvested, triple sorted, destemmed, gravity fed into open-top stainless steel fermenters
• 15% bleed, whole berry fermentation separate by varietal
• Pump over, 100% manual punch down, 8 day fermentation 14 day post fermentation maceration
• Pumped into barrel, free run separated from press wine (1st press only)
• Malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Aging in French oak barrels for 12 months, 33% new / 33% 1 year / 33% 2 year
"A ripe and polished Bordeaux blend showing ripe redcurrants and blackberries, plus savory and herbal notes. At once creamy and dry with a long, even finish. A blend of 71 per cent merlot, 23 per cent cabernet franc and six per cent petit verdot. Drink or hold."
- James Suckling (October 2018), 91 pts