Here's what's happening at The Wine Seller during this strange time...
It's true. We're closed to your visits and have changed our business model to keep our staff and all of you safe. But we're still here. In fact, we're probably in the shop more now than we ever have been before.
While most of our days are spent answering your calls and packing orders for pickup and delivery, we're trying to dedicate a small part of each day to completing some neglected projects and pipe dreams we've had over the years. When we do open back up to you, you probably won't see a completely different Wine Seller, but hopefully you'll see a brighter and more efficient one.
Here are some of the things we've been tackling:
- All of the shelves in our beer cooler have been disassembled, cleaned, and put back together the right way after 22 years of "just making do" with what we had. If you want a good laugh, ask John what he thinks of the hundreds of tiny screws and bolts that had to be refitted and changed out. He's still silently cursing Amber for tasking him with being Mr. Fix-It on this project.
- We've been doing some small makeovers on our shop displays, adding another small wooden rack to the front, changing up our bar and sundries displays, and trying to make shopping here more visually appealing and organized.
- You'll never see this, but Amber instigated an office file cabinet purge. She finally decided we didn't need receipts for copy paper and file folders from 1998. Sorry, Bill. It always feels nice to have a clean and organized work space.
- We installed felt pads on all of the chairs in the shop. No more nails-on-a-chalkboard noises when you pull a chair out from a table. You're welcome.
- We made an online shop! This has been the most time consuming project, and it is still a work in progress. We're adding new products on the regular and tweaking things as we go. It's almost like browsing in the shop, but has better social distancing protocols. You can still get our thoughts on product though by giving us a call anytime!
- We're creating some new artwork on the chalkboards in the shop. Cheese puns will be making a cheddar than ever comeback. Can you brie-lieve it?
- We've been seeking out and adding more sub $15 wine selections for you. Nothing better than great wine that doesn't cost a fortune.
So far we've been able to cross these things off the list. We've got some other projects we're going to attempt as well. We miss you all and can't wait to have you back in your home away from home for a pint, some cheese, and good conversation.
Keep washing those hands!